Balance your goals for harmony. In 18 months, I built a company from scratch, created 5 products selling throughout Poland, provided employment, established an office… so I ACHIEVED SUCCESS! NO!
A New Approach to Achievement
Success is that I did it differently this time. You know my story, and if not – check out the profile. What does it mean that I did it differently? As a typical “Warrior, also known as an Achiever,” heavily goal-oriented, I always struggled to maintain a balance between achieving, acquiring, and sometimes, my life. When I don’t have a goal ahead of me – I fade away. If I can’t accomplish it effectively and quickly – I lack satisfaction. That’s who I am, and now I’m not afraid to say it out loud because, you know, those who pursue goals are judged differently here.
The Confluence of Empathy and Ambition
As someone with immense empathy (Top 2 in Gallup), I am focused on building relationships, sensing others’ emotions, understanding their pain, joy, and anticipating their needs. It’s a LETHAL combination – an Empathetic Warrior who must achieve a goal and also take care of people. Time becomes unattainable then.
Creating Distance and Priorities
So, how did I create distance this time?
Firstly, I established what distance truly means because, believe me, when you hear from everywhere: you must have work-life balance, you must learn to rest, with my traits, you might go crazy, and when you finally rest because you must, you feel guilty.
I learned to let go of what’s unimportant. I let go of:
- All people who only took without giving – I set boundaries and cut off contact.
- I let go of perfectionism – I prefer having dirty windows and going for a weekend in the mountains.
- I let go of clients who want cheap prices and constant discounts, selling at a higher price instead and having time for quality.
Instead, I set 2 priorities:
- GOAL – a constant goal in sight, and ATTENTION – enjoying the journey toward it, not just ticking boxes. I discovered that continuous creation, innovation, and breaking the mold lead me to my goals. Please don’t be afraid to say that you need to achieve goals in life! It can be done without overexertion.
- Harmony in family life. Here accompanies me a new motto – “No one will give you back the lost years of your children’s childhood, but also no one will give you back your time, which inexorably passes. However, for people like me, there must be one condition fulfilled – I’ll wither in harmony if I can’t achieve my ambitious goals.
Balancing Ambition and Family
Balance your goals for harmony. So now, no. 1 and no. 2 get along fantastically, no guilt trips, everyone knows how it is with me – everything is in harmony. Perhaps you’re like me and need to let go of certain things and set your priorities – I invite you to coaching. Write to me! Now, I have goals set for the next 18 months. How about you – have you set your goals for the coming months yet?
She is an expert in communication with managerial experience in large corporations such as ING Bank and PKO BP. She has years of experience in team management, training, and sales - as an experienced team manager, bank branch director, PCC-level ICF coach, and owner of Manufaktura Lidera. Together with the team, they help the management and managerial staff to build effective communication within the company and develop efficient teams. Everything they teach, they have practiced or are currently practicing.