Assets and expenses
Invest in your people
The solution and the challenge
- the training method (e.g. TWI is one of the most famous in operational business)
- the Trainer, able to teach how to follow the method and to verify this is used correctly
- the Instructors, expert employees that are qualified to teach and share their knowledge with others
- tracking documents (standard and qualification matrix), to sustain the knowledge and allow the audits
Cost and benefits – the end?
- Labor efficiency and performance increase (due to standardization, not just from “work faster”
- Scrap reduction (again from enhanced standardization and awareness of operators)
- Polyvalence & Rotation: how many operators can effectively work in which workstation, with a dramatic gain in flexibility
- Employees satisfaction: well, this is hard to measure, but employees’ retention could improve as people will feel that the company is taking care of their development.
Andrea Manti is CBDO at Lean Community. He has over 15 years of experience in Lean Management. He is an expert in Lean and Quality Management and has held positions working as a Process Engineer, Customer Quality representative, Quality System Manager (IATF standard), and Continuous Improvement Senior Manager. During his career, Andrea has led the implementation of several Lean/6Sigma projects, TPM workshops, and TWI activities. He is also an expert in the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) program